Subscribe to me on YouTube

Wednesday 7 March 2012

#KONY 2012

To be honest, when I saw  KONY all over the web, I had no idea who or what it was; so of course I had to know more.
At first, I thought it was some sort of electronic product....little did I know! I know there are crimes like this happening all over the world but I guess I need to pay a little bit more attention to whats really going on.
I guess that is what this campaign is about, to make more people aware.
So I did a Google Search.
Joseph Kony is an Ugandan Guerrilla group leader Wanted for war crimes 
in my eyes he is nothing but a false prophet.
The bulk of his foot soldiers are children who are forced to fight for him. There families are often killed when  abducting these children.
Young girls are kidnapped from schools who are then offered to the commanders as rewards. Joseph Kony has stated  "We don't have any children. We only have combatants."
Joseph Kony has  has abducted and forced an estimated 66,000 children to fight for them.

These evil crimes have been going on for over 25 years and has to stop.
Below is a documentary/campaign put together by Invisible Children that aims to make Joseph Kony famous, not to celebrate him, but to raise support for his arrest and set a decision for international justice. 
This is an awesome video and definitely is a story that needs to be told.
They need to find him
SPREAD THE WORD!

No comments:


Archives